Senior Front-end Engineer
We are a young and exciting Belgian-American wearable health startup with offices in Antwerp, Belgium and Silicon Valley, California. Our goals? To become a global wearable health leader, make the Byteflies brand eponymous with medical wearables, and be at the forefront of healthcare and clinical trial innovation. At Byteflies, we develop a software/hardware platform for medical research. Our product comprises wireless medical sensors and user-friendly software interfaces for managing and visualizing the gathered data through the cloud.
You are a front-end developer obsessed with every detail and methodical in hunting down and combatting the slightest jank in the applications that you create. You take each UI hiccup as a personal affront to your honor and will not rest until every screen and pixel is delivered at 60 frames/second of buttery smoothness. You enjoy working in a multi-disciplinary team in a growing startup with huge potential and understand that with great power comes great responsibility.
Your role at Byteflies will be to spearhead our efforts in developing sophisticated web, mobile and desktop applications that will be pivotal to the success of our platform.
Evaluation and suggestion of frameworks and technologies for future development.
Working in partnership with a UI/UX designer to develop and implement our front-end tools.
Using our back-end APIs and suggest changes for a better user experience.
Rapidly prototype and develop proofs of concept for internal testing.
- Strive and continuously work on becoming better developers with the team.
- Further develop existing software products.
Expertise with HTML/CSS/SASS/LESS
- Expertise with Node.js
Expertise with Angular/Vue/React
Familiarity with Redux pattern (e.g. ngRx)
Experience with Reactive Programming (specifically RxJS)
Professional fluency in English
Stuff that makes you shine:
- Experience with Ionic/Electron/Cordova
- Experience with automated testing for UI
- Experience with Bluetooth and Bluetooth Low Energy (e.g. noble.js)
- Experience with code profiling and optimization
- Experience setting up build/test systems
- Competitive salary
- Rapid career development paths
- Public transport reimbursement
- Twenty paid vacation days
- Work-permit assistance (if applicable)
- Awesome co-workers
- Great team events