Junior Front-end Engineer
We are a young and exciting Belgian-American wearable health startup with offices in Antwerp, Belgium and New York, NY, USA. Our goals? To become a global wearable health leader, make the Byteflies brand eponymous with medical wearables, and be at the forefront of healthcare and clinical trial innovation. At Byteflies, we develop a software/hardware platform for medical research. Our product comprises wireless medical sensors and user-friendly software interfaces for managing and visualizing the gathered data through the cloud. We develop a software/hardware platform for medical research. Our product comprises wireless medical sensors and user-friendly software interfaces for managing and visualizing the gathered data through the cloud.
You are a frontend developer obsessed with every detail and methodical in hunting down and combatting the slightest jank in the applications that you create. You take each UI hiccup as a personal affront to your honor and will not rest until every screen and pixel is delivered at 60 frames/second of buttery smoothness. You enjoy working in a multi-disciplinary team in a growing startup with huge potential and understand that with great power comes great responsibility.
To develop sophisticated web, mobile and desktop applications that will be pivotal to the success of our platform.
- Working in partnership with a UI/UX designer to develop and implement our front-end tools.
- Work in a team to rapidly prototype and develop proofs of concept for internal testing.
- Strive and continuously work on becoming a better developer.
- Further develop existing software products.
- Experience with Node.js
- Experience with HTML/CSS/SASS/LESS
- Experience with Angular/Vue/React
- Professional fluency in English
Stuff that makes you shine:
- Familiarity with Redux pattern (e.g. ngRx)
- Experience with Reactive Programming (specifically RxJS)
- Experience with Ionic/Electron/Cordova
- Experience with Bluetooth and Bluetooth Low Energy
- Experience with automated testing for UI
- Experience setting up build/test systems
Experience with code profiling and optimization.
- Competitive salary
- Rapid career development paths
- Public transport reimbursement
- Twenty paid vacation days
- Laptop (Macbook)
- Awesome co-workers
- Great team events