Junior Back-end Engineer
We are a young and exciting Belgian-American wearable health startup with offices in Antwerp, Belgium and New York, NY, USA. Our goals? To become a global wearable health leader, make the Byteflies brand eponymous with medical wearables, and be at the forefront of healthcare and clinical trial innovation. At Byteflies, we develop a software/hardware platform for medical research. Our product comprises wireless medical sensors and user-friendly software interfaces for managing and visualizing the gathered data through the cloud. We develop a software/hardware platform for medical research. Our product comprises wireless medical sensors and user-friendly software interfaces for managing and visualizing the gathered data through the cloud. Byteflies, we develop a software/hardware platform for medical research.
You are a backend developer who feasts on words analogous to scalable and extensible. Committed on creating pragmatic and usable systems. Unafraid of caring for live systems with sensitive data. You enjoy working in a multi-disciplinary team in a growing startup with huge potential and understand that with great power comes great responsibility.
Your role in Byteflies will be to develop sophisticated cloud services and APIs that will be pivotal to the success of our platform, using state-of-the-art tools. Your responsibilities include:
- Work in a team to rapidly prototype and develop proofs of concept for internal testing.
- Strive and continuously work on becoming a better developer.
- Further develop, monitor, and provision existing software products.
- Experience with Java and Node.js
- Experience with AWS
- Professional fluency in English
Stuff that makes you shine:
- Experience with AWS Managed Services (lambda, s3, gateway, kinesis, cognito, etc.)
- Experience with Containers (Docker, Kubernetes, ECS)
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code (CloudFormation, SAM, Ansible, Terraform, etc.)
- Experience with Deployment Pipelines (Codebuild, Codepipeline, Codedeploy, Jenkins, etc.)
- Competitive salary
- Rapid career development paths
- Public transport reimbursement
- Twenty paid vacation days
- Laptop (Macbook)
- Work-permit assistance (if applicable)
- Awesome co-workers
- Great team events